Knowing how to wear a long gown is the key to looking amazing. Here are some tips that you may find helpful:
1. If you want to wear something over your dress, like a short jacket or cardigan, make sure you opt for a tailored option. This will stop you from looking too ‘bulky’.
2. Some smaller women find that a long dress can overwhelm their little frames. However, dresses that have less volume are perfect for the more petite ladies. Avoid wearing anything with too much ‘puffiness’ if you’re petite.
For tall ladies, make sure you choose a style that reaches all the way to the bottom of your feet. A dress that stops at your ankles won’t have the desired effect.
3. With your shoes, avoid going for anything too high or chunky. They can distract from the dress and look out of proportion. Wedge sandals can be a good choice if you want to add height without distracting.
Wearing too many accessories with your long dress can distract away from it and make the look too ‘busy’. Just one statement piece of jewellery is enough to wear with your dress, if you feel you need something.
4. If you want to show off your waist more, you can consider adding a belt to your long dress. This could be made from leather, cotton, or any other material that suits your dress. You’ll give yourself a lovely hourglass figure, if you don’t already have one!
Although your long dress can do most of the talking, you also need to consider your hair and makeup. Your hairstyle should compliment the style of dress you’ve chosen in order to create a gorgeous overall look. You might consider wearing a sparkly hair accessory, having your hair long and wavy, or pinning it up in a formal up-do. If you aren’t sure what to do with your hair, why not book an appointment with your hairdresser?
5. Everybody has a different body shape. There’s apple, pear, banana, and a whole lot more. By knowing your shape and measurements, you can choose a gown that’s perfect for you and flatters your shape.
Although you should always choose a dress that you love the colour of, you should make sure that it suits your complexion, hair colour, and eye colour too. Some colours may wash you out, while others will make you look stunning.
6. Standing up straight while wearing your long dress is a must. You’ll instantly look more confident and attractive!
Remember; one of the best accessories you can wear with your dress is a smile!
Long evening gowns are perfect for a special black tie event, whether you’re attending a wedding, prom, ball, or something else. It’s always better to be overdressed than underdressed, so make sure you make an effort to look sensational. Have fun shopping for the perfect dress!